Brain Farts

Friday, March 7, 2008

Congratulations...

Many congratulations go out to Gamble & Huff for their introduction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this Monday.

Growing up, there were three HUGE musical influences in my life. The simplistic genius of Smokey Robinson and Berry Gordy's Motown; The eclectic, bass-driven, psychedelic sounds of James Brown and George Clinton's Funk; and the smooth as silk soul of Gamble & Huff's Philadelphia Sound. While the sounds of Motown and Funk were always good for partying, dancing, being silly, and just plain "rocking-out" to, it was the Philly Sound that gave me an appreciation for music. The laid-back grooves, the richness of all the instruments together in harmony, and the straightforward, yet deep lyrics, all made me secretly dream of creating music of my own (which I'm sure all of us non-musical people do at some point). It's good to see something that means so much to me get appreciated for its value (even if it does come a bit too late in my opinion).

Once again, congrats to Gamble & Huff. You deserve it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080307/ap_en_mu/rock_hall_gamble_and_huff

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home