Brain Farts

Thursday, September 27, 2007

PSA #1

My good friend Heidi runs this club where her friends (and friends of friends, and so on) meet every Wednesday at a different Los Angeles bar or restaurant for Happy Hour. Last night's destination was KODA Sushi & Sake in Silverlake. Now, I'm sure I've mentioned to people on numerous occasions that when it comes to restaurants, I have a terrible memory. I'll remember that I've been to a place, but I barely remember the name, and I never remember what I ordered. The experience has to either be incredibly great or excruciatingly terrible. Well I'll be remembering KODA forever. Unfortunately, it'll be because of the latter category. Here's why:

  • Terrible food. The sushi was warm, and just not that great. They do serve that organic sake that you can get at Whole Foods however. So that was cool I guess.
  • They ran out of Sapporo. How do you run out of beer during Happy Hour? When there's only about 20 people in the entire restaurant? What?!?!
  • As we were sitting in the back patio, finishing up and settling the bill, I witnessed a rat scurry across a beam overhead. And I don't mean a mouse, I mean a rat. A huge one. And it came scurrying from the kitchen.
  • Saw either the same rat, or a different one scurry across the same beam again. I would hope it was the same one, but it came and went in the same direction as before. And let me just reiterate. This is a RAT. Big enough that a girl sitting next to me was actually calm about it at first because she had just figured it was a cat.
  • A fucking cockroach landing on our table. A fucking cockroach. Yes this all happened within a span of about 10 minutes. The waitress sheepishly comes and takes it away... but not to the alley or somewhere else outside, but back into the kitchen!!! Oh my god, this place.
  • Another (or the same) rat going across the same fucking beam in the same fucking direction! Three rat sightings. I almost puked.
  • We finally get the hell out of there, and decide to continue the drinking at some karaoke bar in Little Tokyo. Heidi leaves her car at the restaurant, and of course, when we get back, her car is locked in its parking lot. Just the perfect ending to a weird night.
Umm... so yeah... my public service announcement to all two of my readers... don't let the blue "A" in their window fool you. Do not patronize KODA.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home