Brain Farts

Friday, May 23, 2008

Quick Hits - 5/24

"Trading Places" is undoubtedly one of my favorite movies, and an all-time classic. But I wonder if I'm the only one (even after 50 or so viewings) that still gets confused by the ending? I get the premise, (they sell the frozen concentrated orange juice shares high, and buy low) but who were they selling/buying for? How'd they get on the trading floor? Ah... I won't think about it too much.

ESPN columnist and contributor Jemele Hill has one of THE best sports blogs out today. Nicely designed too. She always has something intelligent, thought-provoking, and relevant to say, without yelling and screaming at you. (Yeah, I'm talking about you Stephen A.)

I wish video game developers would start paying more attention to how Nintendo makes their signature games. Yes, high-definition graphics and rendering is great. But you know what would be cool? Creative, imaginative and just plain fun gameplay. There's a reason I'm spending most of my time racing a cartoon plumber around a psychedelic racetrack, as opposed to grinding through the next lame-ass first person shooter.

I'm sorry ladies, but the "Sex and the City" movie is going to be TERRIBLE. Don't say I didn't warn you.

You know I have so much to say regarding this year's NBA MVP and playoffs. Every thought will be articulated upon the ending of said playoffs.

Digital Underground's new album "Cuz a DU Party Don't Stop" is coming out this Tuesday!

The number of people in a meeting is inversely proportional to the number of good ideas or tasks that come out of that meeting. Examples:

  • Inter-departmental meeting on Wednesday; 12 people, 1 decent idea, 1 shitty task to complete.
  • Departmental meeting on Tuesday; 8 people, 2 really good ideas.
  • Team meeting last week; 3 people, 4-5 good ideas that were thoroughly discussed and transformed into 3 task items.

There is no discernable difference between Coors Light and water.

This Wednesday night bowling league is going to give me so much blog material. Unfortunately, I won't be able to post 75% of it because there are people at work who read this blog. And they might be easily offended.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • 1) Yes, I still have no idea how the ending to "Trading Places" works out. I keep telling myself - buy low sell high, buy low sell high.

    2) The SATC movie will not suck. It will not, TAKE IT BACK!

    3) Yes the bowling has so much possibilities!

    By Blogger Melissa is..., At Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home